Dipl.-Ing. Henning Rätz
Turbocharger Bearing Friction
The overall efficiency of automotive turbochargers can be subdivided into individual efficiency factors of the turbine, the compressor, and the mechanical efficiency. Whereas the efficiencies of turbine and compressor can be determined by measurement with adequate accuracy, the precise measurement and prediction of mechanical losses is currently not possible.
The result of the project is a time-efficient calculation method for the substantial turbocharger bearing specific values under regard of the significant effects. The needed sensitivities are to be determined by parameter variations on a new turbocharger bearing friction test stand.
- Doctoral Studies: Institute of Turbomachinery and Fluid Dynamics -TFD at the Leibniz Universität Hannover. 2009 – in course
- Research Field: Turbocharger Bearing Friction. 2009 – in course
- Current Position: Research Assistant at the Institute of Turbomachinery and Fluid Dynamics, Assistant Team Manager Turbocharger
- Diploma Thesis: Volkswagen AG, Group Research Gasoline Engine, Wolfsburg. 2009
- Internship: Volkswagen AG, Group Research Gasoline Engine, Wolfsburg. 2008 - 2009